Thursday, November 1, 2012

Fall Harvest

Halloween...check. The Fall festivities are in full swing.  I love the cooler nights and crisp mornings this time of year in Arizona.  Today I'm taking down all the gobblins, ghosts and pumpkin decorations and replacing them with cozier items like this Harvest banner I made with Close To My Heart products.  When I saw this on page 86 of the Idea Book I knew I had to make one for my home. I've included a tutorial video showing our new alcohol based markers which I used to make these beautiful blended fall leaves.  Now, how many days till Christmas?  :\


 I used  the Cricut Artiste cartridge (Z1790) to create the banner (4"), border (1.25") and title (2"). 


These leaves are made from paper.  I stamped the images from the Fall Harvest stamp set (item C1504) on colonial white cardstock and then colored them using our new markers.  Finish off with some brads, hemp and new burlap ribbon (item Z1760).  Now I need to get to the craft store and purchase some garland to finish off the mantle.


Have a memorable day,
Sheila

No comments: