Monday, January 10, 2011

How To Use Flip Flaps

Have you ever felt like 12 inches of paper wasn't enough to tell your story? Make more room for your photos with Flip Flaps. They're "mini" page protectors with an adhesive strip that attaches to the 12x12 scrapbook page protectors to expand your layout. Each package includes 4", 6", and 8" flaps.


1) Here is how I used a 4" and an 8" flap to expand my layout. I started with a 12" x 12" layout and designed it so that it could be cut horizontally 4" from the top, leaving a 4x12 piece and an 8x12 piece. I then inserted them into the corresponding flap. The opening is just above that long white adhesive strip.





2) I am going to attach the flip flaps to an existing 12x12 scrapbook page (I love this Hooligans paper collection from Close To My Heart).



3) Here, I've laid the flaps out the way I want to attach them. Do you see how my 12x12 layout is now 24x12 layout?


4) Remove strip to expose adhesive. Beware, it's really-really sticky!

5) The textured area is the adhesive.



6) I attached the top 4" flap to the back-top of the 12x12 base page at the opening of the page protector. This hides the adhesive strip but still allows another scrapbook layout to be inserted in the other side of the sheet protector.

[back view]


[front view]


7) I have a little trick for attaching the bottom flap. I trimmed the small excess plastic right up close to the textured adhesive. This makes the adhesive the least viewable after its attached.




8) Attach the adhesive right to the front of the bottom part of the 12x12 sheet protector. The visibility is pretty minimal in my opinion.


9) The opening of the 8" flap is right where my fingers are. This way the flap opening is in the fold when the flap is closed in my scrapbook and items cannot fall out. 10) Voila!

[Outside - flaps closed]


[Inside - flaps opened]



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

chelsea said...

Nice work!
Those stuffs were cool.

Ipe Decking | SQL Server 2008