Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Creative Challenge

As a Close To My Heart consultant, I get to indulge in creating scrapbook layouts, cards and papercraft items and pretend to be "working." I was so looking forward to getting a lot accomplished creatively in December (what was I thinking?), but as you may have guessed the holiday hustle & bustle (and a little laziness) got the best of me. Thankfully, a fellow CTMH consultant has issued a challenge to her teammates to get us all creating and using our fabulous product line. Team members must create something everyday for a month and there will be a prize drawing at the end. I am always up for a reward (can you picture me as the donkey pulling a cart and chasing the dangling carrot?).


So here is my first creation. I don't know if I'll bore you with the challenge-artwork every day; and in fact I'm not all that proud of this one. However I am pleased with a few aspects. First of all, this is a two-page layout I put together at the end of 2006. All it needed was pictures and journaling (I didn't cheat, the creative challenge allows for using up old layouts). It does feel good to use up those layouts that have been sitting in a drawer waiting to be completed. And I am satisfied with my journaling. Because these Christmas photos are from 2007 and another year has passed since then, I took the opportunity to reflect on what has become of the toys from that year. See, sometimes it is good to be behind in your scrapbooking - LOL.

Close up of my journaling:

4 comments:

Chelley said...

I like it! And I like the idea of seeing your creations everyday. I remember that layout, in fact it is also in my scrapbook! I think it would be kinda fun to see everyone completed layouts from the same collection just to see how different they actually are. Anyway, I always love coming to scrapbook night. You do a great job!

Anonymous said...

I think you should post your creations everyday. I would love to be inspired. Nice work!

Marilyn said...

What were you thinking trying to scrapbook in December? I barely have time to brush my teeth let alone scrapbook. Your layouts look really good!

Valerie Ipson said...

I love your journaling shot. I've been trying to figure out why when little girls get a new stuffed animal that suddenly old ones are no longer desirable.