Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things...

How did that tune from The Sound Of Music make it onto the continuous Christmas music radio station? Anyway, I digress from the intent of my post.

The other night I was driving somewhere and I saw a Jeep Cherokee traveling down the road with a real Christmas tree bound and tied to the top of the vehicle. It brought a smile to my face. I don't know why exactly, but when I see a tree strapped to the top of a stationwagon or the like, I imagine the whole family making their annual pilgrimage to the tree lot to be flogged for 100 bucks for a little holiday cheer, and I can almost hear Bing Crosby crooning "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" in my ear.

About four or five years ago, we dropped a couple C-notes for a pre-lit artificial tree. It's very tall and bears a stong resemblance to the Douglas Fir variety. I'm content with our tree (it's quite stunning all decorated with homemade ornaments), but I do miss the trip to the tree lot and the fresh smell of pine. Thank goodness for scented candles and Scentsy warmers.

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Your tree really is pretty! Happy exercise and lemon bread. It was way cute to see your 2 little ones exercising with you :)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking that this weekend when I walked past "real trees". I love the smell and feelings of Christmas it brings. I just detest the mess!